I didn't include the recipe this last time because the blog was so long by itself... but I guess I should have! You'll love it if you've never tried it! And if you have tried it, you'll love to have the recipe (although I know many of you have it in our ward cookbook).
Betsey's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
1c. butter, softened; 1c. brown sugar; 1c. sugar; 2 eggs; 2 tsp. vanilla; 2c. flour; 1 tsp. baking soda; 1 tsp. baking powder; 1 tsp. salt; 2 1/2c. oatmeal, ground; 16oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips; 1c. milk chocolate chips
Cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and beat well. Add flour with soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Grind oatmeal into flour in a blender; add and mix. Mix in chips.
Roll into ping pong size balls. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 7 to 8 minutes. Cool on sheet for 1 minute and removed to cool completely on rack.
*I'll admit that I put both eggs in at the same time. I also put in the soda, powder and salt before the flours and blend them well and then add the flours.
*I also only use 1c. of chips total. Sometimes I mix the above two types, most often it's just one type (and usually we choose to do dark chocolate instead of either above), and I've done them with M&Ms which the kids love for the colors.
**I was told that to flatten the cookies a little (they get really puffy) to take the pan out 1 minute before they were done and "drop" the pan onto the stove. I've noticed that this is not necessary when I bake with my confection mode.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment