Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Baked Penne Mozzarella with Italian Sausage


Ingredients:
1 lbs dry penne pasta
1/2 yellow onion
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 lbs Sweet Italian Sausage
1/2 package of fresh mushroom or 1 can of mushrooms
season with a little salt and pepper
1 jar Traditional Prego
1 cup cottage cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to directions, drain and set aside. Heat up a large pan and add the Italian Sausage , onion and garlic. Add the mushrooms to the pan once the sausage is cooked. Cook the mushroom with the sausage for just a little bit and season with a little salt and pepper. Next add the Prego to the Sausage mixture. Add the cooked penne to the sausage and prego sauce.
Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Add half of the pasta into the pan. Next put the cup of cottage cheese on top and 1 cup of mozzarella. Then top it off with the rest of the pasta and put the remaining mozzarella on top and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.

The Results:
It turned out so good. I loved it. It is going to make GREAT leftovers for the next couple days. It makes a lot. I wish I could have made some bread sticks with it but I ran out of time. So it was served with a salad and we had some cut up strawberries for dessert. YUMMY!

No comments: