Wednesday, September 24, 2008

M&M Oreo Chunk Chocolate Chip Cookies

I must have a sweet tooth lately or something because I'm loving all these desserts! I was going to give credit where credit is due and I misplaced the site. Sorry! If I find it again, I'll definitely add it.

These remind me of "monster cookies" and would be fun for Halloween, I think.

M&M Oreo Chunk Chocolate Chip Cookies

6 oz unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup scary colored Halloween M&M candies
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
6-8 Oreos, broken into thirds or fourths (just don’t crush.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream butter and both sugars. Beat in vanilla and egg. Add soda, salt, baking powder and cream of tartar and beat well to ensure the baking powder is well-distributed. Add the flour and stir until it’s absorbed. Stir in the M&M’s, chocolate chips and cookies. Yum!

Using a heaping tablespoon, drop the cookies about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes.

Makes about 2 dozen

Note: I chilled by dough a few hours before baking. It’s not critical, but chilled dough might yield fatter cookies.

No comments: